Monday, January 21, 2008

21 January 2008 - The waiting game starts

Today is official first day of my maternity leave as my expected due date is this Sunday. I went to see Dr Woo last Saturday and I am 1cm dilated. However, Gerrard is still not fully engaged as his face is facing the left side. Dr Woo mentioned that if I do not deliver by 27 Jan 08, he would have to induce me as baby will be 40 full weeks already. I hope I will be able to pop naturally instead of being induced.


Mum washed the mittens and booties


My tummy at 38 weeks

On Saturday night, I was chatting with a few mummies on MSN. They are all from the Jan 08 Motherhood forum and we were all waiting to pop. Although we have never met, we are bonded by our experiences and it felt very good chatting with them. One of them, Honey was even monitoring her contractions and it was exciting.. like having a "real-time" account of her contractions and how she felt. She delivered the following day :) Another friend I made on the forum is Fern. As she is not working during her pregnancy, we chatted almost everyday on MSN; we are rather similar in terms of character (always easily pissed, tempremental, unreasonable haha) , age (she is one year younger than me) and extremely scared of pain! As such, we clicked really well from the start. Last week, we even said that if we deliver on the same day, we can just scream and yell together. I just read from the forum that she has delivered her darling Elias today- I feel really happy for her.

Gerrard, we are waiting for your arrival, do cooperate with us and may I have a smooth delivery ok. I played the piano for Gerrard today and he was moving throughout :) Or are you coming out on the actual edd so that you can be a little Mozart like what Lovell says?

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers