Sunday, January 27, 2008

27 January 2008 - Overdue?

Today is my edd and there is still no signs of popping. Most of the mummies in the forum have popped and I can no longer relate much to the topics that they post; now the topics are post-delivery related issues like breastfeeding, baby crying, jaundice therapy, post natal massages which though relevant to me in time to come, but frankly speaking, does not interest me a bit at this point in time. And it doesn't help much that a lot of people are asking me & Derek the same questions over and over again- "Have you delivered?" It stressed me out big time a few days ago as of all people, we are the ones who are most concerned about that question and if you still see me on MSN, obviously the answer is that I am still waiting. Do you expect me to have delivered and immediately have the energy to chat with you on MSN? Duh.

We went to see Dr Woo yesterday and the next time I see him will be at the delivery ward itself. He said my amniotic fluid level is still good and from the cervix check, I am already 3cm dilated. Was rather surprised to hear that! He mentioned that it could be within these 2 days but nevertheless, we have also scheduled to be admitted on Wednesday, 30 Jan 2008 morning to be induced if Gerrard continues to feel so comfortable in my tummy.

It feels exciting and yet exasperating to be waiting for labor, absolutely something that you have no idea of and no control over. Our lives seems to be living by the hours and days.. every bedtime thought is whether tonight is the night? And every morning, a dash of disappointment sets in as another day has passed and I am still waiting...

Thank god I have Derek by my side during this period. He has been there for me, listening to my complaints, massaging my calves when I shriek in pain during the night, hugging me when I feel down and so much more... I can sense his excitement and slight disappointment too when everyday passes with no signs but he still tries his best to cheer me up. He will not be frustrated like me but instead, he talks tenderly to Gerrard and ask him when is he coming out. Telling Gerrard that we are all awaiting his arrival and don't stay inside Mummy too long as Mummy also feels difficult with him squirming around. When I get irritated with people asking if I have popped, he will explain to me patiently that people are just feeling excited for us. He encourages me in everything.

Well, I just gotta stay positive. May the many mummies out there who are experiencing the same feelings as me stay positive too :) :) :)

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers