Sunday, December 09, 2007

9 December 2007 - Lazy sunday

It's pouring heavily at the moment as year end is usually the rainy season. This is the closest to "winter" that Singaporeans can experience.

Went for my gynae appointment yesterday. Gerrard is growing well and Dr Woo seemed pleased. Our baby is currently about 1.6kg which is the average weight and my own weight was maintained at around 47kg. I was worried about the weight of Gerrard being on the small side so yesterday's results took a huge load off my mind. Perhaps the durians and Anmum helped! From now on, I'll be seeing Dr Woo every fortnight.

On Friday, I watched a movie alone while waiting for Derek to get off work. It took gave me some time off for myself after being pretty bogged down by work the past few weeks. It is not the first time I have watched a movie alone and although it may sound sad to some people, I am totally fine with it. To me, it's no big deal and I remembered once when Derek and me wanted to watch different shows so we ended up watching alone respectively then meeting up again after the shows ended.

I watched "The Heartbreak Kid" starring Ben Stiller. In the movie, he met this incredibly sexy and seemingly fabulous Lila and proposed to her after a few weeks of dating, fearing that this could be his last chance at love, marriage and happiness. However, while on their honeymoon in sunny Mexico, Lila reveals her true awful nature; singing non-stop, wants lots of sex, snores, ex drug addict and no job. Meanwhile, the guy meets another woman whom he realises to be his actual soul mate and he attempts to woo her while keeping his horrid wife at bay. The show was ok, average, typical boy-meets-gal comedy which I like. However, I am not sure if it was rated RA(21) due to some sexual content, I actually saw some old/ middle-aged men watching by themselves. I felt a bit sick as I couldn't help but imagine the reason why they were there.
I bought a 4-leaf clover keychain for Hazel during my company's secret Santa gift exchange. The 4 leaves are supposed to represent love, health, happiness and wealth. I hope it brings a smile to her face and everything will turn out better for her.

Hazel's gift

There were actually other keychains available and I really liked the Winnie the pooh one. It had 4 charms- Pooh, Piglet, Tigger and Eeyore and a Honey pot which the 4-leaf clover was embedded in. It looked really sweet and cute but it costs $32 which I found was too expensive. Should be because of the Disney trademark and I was really tempted to get it but I stopped myself. Nowadays, I will be less willing to "pamper" myself as there will be this thought in my mind that "the money can be better spent on Gerrard next time..." I don't know if this is a sign of "maternal instincts". I suddenly remember a scene in Desperate Housewives where Lynette wanted to buy an expensive suit as she rejoined the workforce but Tom stopped her, saying "Parents have no indulgences". How true.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers