Saturday, November 10, 2007

6 September 2007 - Detailed scan at TMC

Today we went for my detailed scan at TMC. It was also my first time going to TMC. We waited for about half an hour for our turn despite having made the appointment at 10.30am. While waiting, we saw some parents bringing their newborns for injections- they are all so small and cute!

Finally we were being ushered into a room and our radiologist was Ms Tee. She informed us that the ultrasound machine in that room was a 3D one (compared to others which may be 2D). We were excited as we thought we could finally see our baby more clearly. However, baby was facing inwards most of the time and using his hands to rub his eyes or cover his face! The clearest picture I could see was the spine.

Baby's spine
During the scan, it was confirmed that we are having a baby boy. The estimated weight of our baby is about 342g and I don't know why in my mind, I kept trying to imagine a packet of preserved sour plums as you know, we usually buy in quantities of like 500g. Hence, I was telling myself, it is lighter than the packet of plums which I buy...

The radiologist also measured the size of the head, abdomen and checked for organs like heart, kidney, bladder, spine, nose, lips, the bloodflow and the level of amniotic fluid. Luckily my placenta is normal, not too low (as some mummies experienced low lying placenta). Everything is good according to the report and we rushed down to our appointment at Dr Woo's. There, he also told us that I have cleared the Triple Blood Test. Phew!

I told Dr Woo about my morning sickness and he said to give it another month :( I was thinking, shouldn't it be gone by end of 1st trimester like most people? Sigh, looks like I just gotta be more patient. So far, I didn't gain much weight, in fact, the vomitting and poor appetite has attributed to me losing weight instead. Dr Woo told me it is fine, the mummy's weight is not important as long as our baby is growing.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers