Tuesday, November 20, 2007

20 November 2007 - The world can be beautiful after all

Have been very busy at work lately and I guess this will continue at least till mid-December. Although I am pregnant, but I am still working and to be honest, sometimes I really get frustrated over the fact that people seemed to have the thinking that we are very free just because we are in IFS. In a way, we are made to feel "inferior" to those in the main LOS even though I can proudly say that the efforts I put in to my work are no less than when I was in ASSUR.

Anyway, enough about these complaints. A few weeks ago, I was working late and feeling extremely tired and hungry, I decided to buy Mac's and take a cab home. When I got on the cab, the uncle asked if I bought Mac's and told me to eat while it's hot. Initially I was paiseh and told him it's ok but he insisted. I guess he saw that I was pregnant and think it is better I eat then.

Another time, a taxi driver was approaching the traffic lights which were turning amber. He beat the lights as he told me that initially he wanted to step on the brakes but he is afraid it will affect the baby.

Today, another taxi uncle asked if it is my first child and he said that my tummy is pointed so my baby must be a boy. Then he advised me that these last few months must be extra careful and don't go out too often as some escalators can be slippery, some steps are rather steep and dangerous etc. It brought a warm feeling to my heart that a stranger is kind enough to give me such advice.

The short encounters with these wonderful souls showed me that the rainbow will still appear, it is only a matter of when.


This reminds me of a phrase that I have read before. " As a symbol of hope, a rainbow over the Amazon offers a sense of optimism for this threatened world."

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers