Friday, November 16, 2007

13 November 2007 - My birthday

Today is my 27th birthday. It is the first time in my life that I spent my birthday with another life inside me. Derek and me went to this Seafood restaurant at Boat Quay and had "Zi Char". The food was average but both of us loved the Thai Coconut Juice. The meal, consisting of 4 dishes came up to about $70 which I felt was too expensive. Last week, Derek also bought 6 bottles of concentrated bird's nest from Eu Yan Seng to pamper me. He refused to tell me how much he spent but I reckon that it must have been quite a lot because of the brand and the fact that everything is getting more expensive these days.

Since about 2 months ago, we have started to prepare for our baby's arrival. I bought some baby stuff at the BHG sale in October and last month, we also bought some from Derek's aunt's shop. As for clothes, Derek's sisters have bought a few sets for us since they knew of my pregnancy. Most of the clothes that I have gotten are white in colour as I think it is the best colour for babies. I do not like the idea of "boys wearing blue all the time" and "girls wearing pink all the time".

Sleepsuits, rompers, booties and mittens



Nappy liners, wet wipes, changing mat, bolster, brushes, etc stocked in the cabinet

Derek's aunt will be lending us her grandkid's cot. Hence, that is another thing that we can save on as I think babies will outgrow cots very soon. She will also be passing us some second-hand clothes that her grandson has wore before. We are waiting for the Kiddy Palace at CS to re-open so that we can get the Pigeon sterilizer.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers