Sunday, January 06, 2008

6 January 2008 - Derek's birthday

Happy birthday To Derek Daddy-to-be! There isn't any celebration this year but I bought him a wallet as his old one was spoilt; the compartments were splitting open and he said "Still can use"- and I know that if I had not bought the new one for him, he can really continue using it for another few years.

A small gift from me and baby Gerrard

Yesterday was my 36 weeks gynae checkup. Gerrard is about 2.4kg and Dr Woo commented that he has grown quite a lot from the previous checkup. We were relieved to hear that; may he continue a steady growth till delivery. From now onwards, our checkup will be a weekly affair till due date. I was also given my hospital admission letter. Derek asked Dr Woo whether baby is considered premature if born now and Dr Woo said, if he is born today (5 Jan 08), then yes. If from tomorrow onwards (6 Jan 08), then is not! Haha... coz technically speaking, 37th week onwards is OK to give birth as the organs are fully developed. However, I have a feeling it won't be so early and the fact that I am still blogging here today means I have passed the "premature" mark- :)

Yesterday was also our first visit to car showrooms. Yes, we will be getting a car after Gerrard is born- for convenience and also because the recent cab hikes are ridiculous. I have not stopped complaining since the hikes and I shall not comment further here. Glad that Derek and me are practical people when it comes to cars. As the main purpose is really to have a convenient mode of transport, price and practicability are our concerns more than fanciful designs (which translates to higher prices too).

Despite the weekend promotions enticing us to make a decision, we decided to consider more carefully and wait to see if better promotions will come up again. Basically because we will only need the car around Feb/Mar after Gerrard is born so we are not in a big hurry now. On the other hand, the risk we are taking is that prices may head north. Well, we'll see how it goes. Yes, people who knows me will know that I hate this phrase "see how it goes" as I do not like uncertainties. I prefer things to be planned and in this case, I can manage my expectations if need be. However, I have learnt that for some things, hasty decisions doesn't mean best results. Especially when buying a car is a big investment and it is good to consider longer and weigh out the finances.

Nissan LatioToyota Vios

These are our 2 choices and each have it's pros and cons. Guess that we can never have the best of both worlds- important thing is to know which suits our priorities more.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers