Saturday, November 10, 2007

14 July 2007 - Second visit to the gynae

Today was our second visit to Dr Woo and we also signed up the package with him. $550 for consultations till delivery, inclusive of vitamins, calcium tablets etc. The nurse also explained to us the estimated charges for delivering at Thomson Medical Centre. Cheapest is natural delivery, followed by assisted delivery (which is with the assistance of forceps/ vacuum to "suck" the baby out), caeserean and emergency caeserean.

The moment I found out I was pregnant, no... in fact I should be saying that, even before I got pregnant, I was determined to deliver my baby via c-section. I do not want to go through the stress of a natural birth as the thought of it freaks me out. To me, c-section is like a surgery and I find it the most hassle-free. Hence, while the nurse was explaining to us, I only concentrated on the charges for c-section :P We were asked to go back and think about it as now is still too early to make the decision.

Baby has grew to about 5cm- still very small but Dr Woo was about to point out where is the head, the limbs etc. I couldn't make out the features at all.. all I could see was the "flashing light" again which is the heartbeat.

I hate taking the fish oil supplements as when i burp, the whole fishy taste will come up in my mouth and I feel like vomitting! However, for the sake of the baby, I have to tolerate... this is my first feeling of how a mummy feels. Now is no longer about doing what I want or what I like, I need to think about the baby as well. Just like how i simply HATE drinking milk powder. All along the only milk I drink is HL milk but because of my pregnancy, I heard from Shirlyn's friend that Annum is very good for pregnant women. I forced myself to drink a glass every morning.

My morning sickness is starting... and perhaps I should be considered lucky as my "morning" sickness only comes in the evenings and nights. In the morning, I do feel a little nauseous when I wake up but it was over in a while. However, when it comes to evenings and nights, I really feel like vomitting, bloated or simply no appetite. And when I have no appetite and do not eat, my gastric acts up again. The feeling is terrible... When will this end?

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers