Monday, June 26, 2006

25 June 2006- Food Tasting & Collection of Invitation cards

Went for our food tasting today. However, due to my cough and blocked nose, I could not really taste the food very well. Other than just tasting the food, this is an opportunity for both families to meet up and interact with one another.

Seeing the elders making an effort to engage in conversations despite the fact that they do not know one another very well sort of touched my heart. It made me see that actually marriage is not just solely between 2 people in love (which was what I always thought) but a union of two families.

And to our pleasant surprise, my mum's cousin is actually the in-laws of Derek's first aunt... what a coincidence!

We finally decided on the ivory-coloured invitation cards so the next step is to source for printers and try to finalise the guests list. Feeling tired and drowsy due to my medication... I must recover soon and get back to work. I'm not gonna let a host of germs get me down. Life's too short for that.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers