Sunday, September 09, 2012

Great staycation at Sentosa- June 2012

The weekend following our trip to the zoo, we went on to Part 2 of our holiday fun at Sentosa. Our family enjoyed the weekend getaway tremendously because of 2 main highlights:

1. Cable-Car ride

This was Gerrard's first journey on a cable car and he was pretty excited. The Singapore Cable Car was having an Angry Birds Atop Mount Faber promotion, where we enjoyed a full-sensorial experience in the World's FIRST Angry Birds Cable Car cabin. During the ride, we were surrounded by the Angry Birds and there were even some Angry Birds plush toys in there as well. At the Jewel Box, there was a shop selling all kinds of Angry Birds merchandise and souvenirs. On our way back from Harbourfont, we stopped by The Jewel Box and I had a glimpse of the place. At night, it had an unique facade with its beautiful lights of the place, as if it is setting off a subtle glow against the dark sky. I would love to go there to dine one day.
 
 
 
 
 Had dinner at Crystal Jade, Vivocity and the chilled milk tea had a special presentation- it tasted nice too!
 Making monkey faces
 
 
 Angry Birds Galore!

2. Great Hotel Stay

After my disappointed visit to Festive Hotel last year, I decided to go back to my trusty Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa Resort. Derek & I had visited the place a few times during our dating years and we really liked it very much. The whole atmosphere is very relaxing and the moment I stepped into the hotel lobby, I could feel a breathe of fresh air & cool breeze from the beach. It just seems to say "Vacation begins here!" 

This time round, I was more cautious and emailed the hotel a few times to confirm the air-con arrangement because as me and Gerrard have very sensitive noses, we had suffered badly from the air-conditioning in hotels which were usually freezing cold regardless of whichever temperature I set. There were desperate occasions where I even turned the aircon off, only to find it auto switched back on after a while maybe because in many places, the air-conditioning is based on a central system. 

Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa was very patient in answering my queries via email and assured me that the air-conditioning can be switched on or off accordingly to my preference. There is even a ceiling fan in each room that prevents the room from being too stuffy even if I switch the air-con off. I was still a bit sceptical when night came and brought along extra thick clothings to add on if the temperature becomes too unbearable. Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa indeed proved what they had promised me and the following morning, both of us woke up with wide smiles on our faces instead of stuffy noses! I was elated and made a note to myself that I want to come back again. 

Another plus point of this hotel is that it has one of the best breakfast buffet ever. The spread and taste was splendid at Silver Shell Cafe and after breakfast, we walked down to the pool area for some water fun. The children's pool had a water slide but no adults are allowed, I did not want Gerrard to climb up the steps alone. Nevertheless, we had fun splashing around in the pool.


 
 
 
 

It's a pity that I didn't managed to take much pictures during this outing as my camera resolution was really getting very lousy and with an active toddler on hand, I am almost on the run most of the time as well. Despite that, the trip provided us with wonderful memories and all in all, we had a splendid staycation at Sentosa. I look forward to the next time we are back to cover other exciting attractions of this fun island =) 



No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers