Saturday, May 03, 2008

3 May 2008 - I am good, thank you

Thanks to my friends for their encouragement and concerns about my previous post. Reading your messages on my tagboard brought upon a warm feeling in my heart, especially since these are people whom I have not even met but whom are generous enough to share their experiences with me. Thanks gals... you know who you are ;)

I went back to work on 21 April 2008. Was greeted with a warm welcome by my colleagues. Many commented that I did not look like I had just given birth and I take that as a compliment. I guess I am lucky that most of the weight I put on during pregnancy went to Gerrard, the waterbag, the placenta etc.. Perhaps it was also because I inherited my mum's skinny genes coz my mum's figure is exactly like this as well. Along with the warm welcome, I was also greeted with a huge present- a big PILE of workload that is. Work that was left before I left, together with work that had accumulated during my absence. Which explains why I have not been logging on much. Enough said.
Recently, I bought a new toy for Gerrard- Ocean Wonders Kick & Crawl Aquarium by Fisher Price. It has 3 main functions- starting out as a soft play quilt, with activity toys for the baby to grasp, bat and kick. The second stage is tummy time, where one end can be folded up to form a wedge and then attach the toys to encourage reaching and pushing up. The third stage is to reconfigure the quilt into a crawl-through play space. When I saw it, I couldn't resist it because it looks like great fun!
Gerrard's verdict: Sometimes he does get fascinated by the music from the activity toy. However, his legs are still not long enough to kick the ball so I placed the ball in front instead of the back.

Gerrard turned 3 months old a few days ago and had his 5-in-1 jab and first dose of Rotavirus. Although he didn't develop any fever, I think he looked a bit SIAN, a bit unlike his usual active self. After a few days, he is well again :) Ironically, I was the one who fell sick. I had severe blocked nose, throat infection and fever. I was so sick yesterday that I couldn't even get out of bed and I was not able to get near Gerrard in case I pass on anything to him.


I love to pinch his cheeks!




The other day, a colleague chatted with me on the way home. He is in his mid-40s, a father of 4. He shared with me that in the past, when his kids were still very young (babies), every day no matter how tired he feels after work, seeing their faces upon reaching home makes him forget about all his stress and problems. And there will be this strong urge in his mind.. that he hopes to work more overtime so as to earn more money and buy things for his kids. He said that is the best part of his life. Now, his kids are grown up and sometimes, when he wish to spend more time with them, they prefer their friends' company instead. I felt a fuzzy feeling in my heart during that conversation. Was it a reminder for me to be patient? Was it an advice for me to keep in mind?

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers