Tuesday, March 11, 2008

1 March 2008- On our own from now on..

Zhen-jie has finished her confinement assignment with us today. At the moment she was leaving, I was overcome with a mix of emotions; a sense of gratitude to her for taking good care of me and Gerrard during my confinement period and yet a sense of loss, wondering whether I can cope without her around. Although I know that the time will eventually come for us to handle Gerrard ourselves, I can't help but worry that I will not be a good mummy to take care of him. I worry that I can't provide the best care for him as we are so inexperienced.

Much to my relief, the rest of the day went past quite peacefully. Perhaps it was because my mum came to help out and at least I could count on her experience to know that everything I am doing is still "on track" and correct.

The first night handling Gerrard by ourselves took a toil on our sleep. He feeds every 3 hours and even though I try to sleep when he sleeps, I can never go into deep sleep like before. My mind will be occupied with whether he is sleeping ok and I keep looking at the clock to see if he is due for the next feed.

Is this how a mother feels?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes yes cant go deep sleep ..... when i go facial i like to sleep but tat time i went i cant even sleep ... am worried about her .... nite time sleep oso no deep sleep like before :(

Anonymous said...

I also always end up sleeping during facial :) Same here, sleep also like no sleep coz although the eyes are closed, the eyelids are fluttering. Worried that he is not getting enough sleep but donno what to do.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers