Wednesday, February 06, 2008

6 February 2008- Gerrard is 1 week old

Finally have some time to blog about my baby boy as the past few days has simply flown by. And with CNY coming just round the corner, everyone is busy preparing for the baby as well as the new year. I am truly blessed to be able to find a confinement aunty at the last minute as my mum is unwell. Zhen-jie is a great help indeed and she has everything under control. It was like a huge weight taken off my mind the day she came.

Gifts from our friends

Sleepy Gerrard on Day 2

As Gerrard has slight jaundice upon discharge, we had to bring him back to the pediatrician ("PD") for review on 4 Feb 2008. I decided to bring him to Dr Loke near my place instead of Dr Koh who was allocated to us as Dr Koh's clinic is at Tiong Bahru which I figured will be inconvenient for now and future. Blood test result- jaundice has gone down and everything is ok- Phew! Next appointment will be on 3 March 08 for the 2nd Hepatitis B injection. I also went back to Dr Woo for review on 5 Feb 2008 and everything is fine, stitches are healing well. Next visit will be in 6 weeks' time.

Initially, Gerrard was sleeping most of the time. (I wonder if he was sleeping so much that was the reason why he refuses to come out from my tummy) Everyday, he looks different and seems to be changing. Now, he sleeps a bit less, he knows how to pull his hands out when we wrap him up and he smiles in his sleep!



Day 5


Day 7
He was sleeping soundly for almost 4 hrs when I captured these shots- Gerrard likes to do the "Ultraman" pose with his hands

Playing with him after his feed

A one week old baby's eyesight is still pretty fuzzy. Babies are born near-sighted and can see things best when they are about 8 to 10 inches away, so they can only see our faces clearly when we are holding them close. However, babies recognise our voices and in 2 weeks' time, they will be able to see us and put the face to the voice they have been hearing!

We have consulted the fortune teller and will be naming him 黄奕介。May this name bring him through a smooth-sailing lifetime of good health and wealth.

Today is Lunar New Year's eve.

Although I can't eat all the CNY goodies,

Although I can't dress up and do re-bonding for my hair,

Although I can't buy nice clothes to wear,

Although I am perspiring like a pig most of the time,

Although I am constrained in the four walls of my house and confinement sucks...

...

...

.....

Seeing Gerrard smile makes up for it all

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers